April 2017 Newsletter
Join us at our annual Open House!
Spend an afternoon meeting new families and friends while children enjoy unique crafts, music, and outdoor activities!
Sunday, April 23rd – 1:00 pm until 3:00 pm
SAVE THE DATES!
- DMHNS will be CLOSED for Good Friday on Friday, April 14th.
- The Pre-Kindergarteners and Kindergarteners will graduate from DMHNS on Sunday, June 25th from 2-3 pm.
PLEASE MARK YOUR CALENDARS!
Monday, May 29 Memorial Day
June 29 & June 30 In-service Days
July 3rd & 4th Summer Break
August 31 & Sept. 1st In-Service Days
Last Day of 2016-2017 School Year
Wednesday, June 28th
1st Day of July 2017 session:
Wednesday, July 5th
1st Day of August 2017 session:
Tuesday, August 1st
1st Day of 2017-2018 school year:
Tuesday, September 5th
Morning Singing Time
We love having our parents participate in our morning singing time. This part of the day serves a couple of purposes. Not only is it a great way to start the day but it also helps with the fluidity of language. Children also learn about rhythm and beat when they patsch on the side of their thighs when singing or reciting rhymes. This in turn is an extension of Orff Schulwerk, where the children internalize rhythm and beat with the percussion instruments.
Mr. Theissen would appreciate your help in maintaining the morning singing time to that of a learning atmosphere.
How can you help?
- Have your children sit in a crisscross pose, not reclining.
- Patsch when singing along so that your child will model your example.
- Conduct adult conversations outside of the Orff room or wait until singing time concludes.
- Please leave a pathway near the doors for incoming families.
- Help monitor your child’s behavior with their friends, guiding them back to what they should be doing. Thank you !
We have noticed a lot of clothing, especially jackets, being left or misplaced at school, that are not labeled with your child’s name. Please label your child’s clothing so we can place misplaced articles in the appropriate cubby. Please also check our lost and found for any lost clothing. Thank you!