April 2018 Newsletter
Join us at our annual Open House!
Spend an afternoon meeting new families and friends while children enjoy unique crafts, music, and
outdoor activities! Sunday, April 22nd 1:00 pm until 3:00 pm
Morning Singing Time
We love having our parents participate in our morning singing time. This part of the day serves a couple of purposes. Not only is it a great way to start the day but it also helps with the fluidity of language. Children also learn about rhythm and beat when they patsch on the side of their thighs when singing or reciting rhymes. This in turn is an extension of Orff Schulwerk, where the children internalize rhythm and beat with the percussion instruments.
We would appreciate your help in maintaining the morning singing time to that of a learning atmosphere.
How can you help?
- Have your children sit in a crisscross pose, not reclining.
- Patsch when singing along so that your child will model your example.
- Conduct adult conversations outside of the Orff room or wait until singing time concludes.
- Please leave a pathway near the doors for incoming families.
- Help monitor your child’s behavior with their friends, guiding them back to what they should be doing. Thank you !
PLEASE MARK YOUR CALENDARS!
Monday, May 28 Memorial Day
June 28 & June 29 In-service Days
July 4th 4th of July
August 30 &31 In-Service Days
Last Day of 2017-2018 School Year
Wednesday, June 27th
1st Day of July 2018 session:
Monday July 2nd
1st Day of August 2018 session:
Wednesday August 1st
1st Day of 2018-2019 school year:
Tuesday, September 5th
Graduation Day for:
Pre K Classes
Sunday, June 24th 2:00-3:00 pm
- Keep toys from home at home.
- Remember to sign your child IN & OUT. Also, signing must be completed my the adult, not the children. Thank you!
- Please restock extra clothing in cubbies.
If you are interested in ordering from the Scholastic Book Club, please visit www.scholastic.com/bookclubs to place your order. Once on the website you can view a variety of order forms and choose your books. Our class code is P7MKT
Please place all orders by
Monday April 16, 2018.
We have noticed a lot of clothing, especially jackets, being left or misplaced at school, that are not labeled with your child’s name. Please label your child’s clothing so we can place misplaced articles in the
appropriate cubby. Thank you!